Export Office 365 Archive Mailbox to PST | Simple Technique
Query: Do you want to migrate from Desktop Outlook to Office 365 Cloud? Let’s read this article and know how to export Office 365 mailbox to PST format using Office 365 Export Tool and eDiscovery PST export method.
Office 365 is a prominently used email application these days. Most of the users prefer this because of its advanced features and functionalities. But, sometimes users find an alternative to export Office 365 archive mailbox to PST as the backup. So, here in this article, we will be going to discuss the best 2 technique to export Office 365 archive to PST file. Simple go through the complete article to know more.
Export Office 365 Archive to PST Manually
Outlined here, some simple steps through which a user can easily export Office 365 archive mailbox to PST file format. You just need to follow of them in the sequential manner to get a positive resultant:
- First of all, log in to the Exchange Admin Center using Office 365 credentials (user ID & password).
- Now, navigate to the permissions >> admin roles >> Discovery Management >> Mailbox Import Export role.
- After that, click on the “Save” button in a way to backup of Office 365 emails to PST file.
- Here, go to Compliance Management option and then in-place eDiscovery & hold or hit on the New (+).
- From the “In-Place eDiscovery & Hold” dialogue box, add in the name and description and select the Next button to proceed forward.
- Afterward, mention the criterion for all mailboxes or select the ones by typing the “+” button. This can be helpful with migrating Office 365 archive to PST.
- Then, from the “Search query” display, set the perfect filters and hit on the Next button.
- Add the number of days for which the components are to be kept before they all are deleted from the server in the “In-Place Hold Settings”. Then, select the Finish button to help with Office 365 Export archive to PST.
- At last, click on the “Close” button when the confirmation message pops up.
- After completion of the procedure, all the generated search gets outlined. Now, select Preview search results to see the results. Finally, click on the downward arrow to move the resultant PST file to the desktop.
- Here, run the security warning when required to do so.
- Using the “eDiscovery PST Export Tool” set the destination location, where the migrated PST file will be stored. Then, choose the Start button to begin the exporting procedure.
- After that, add the crucial Office 365 credentials and click on the OK button.
- Then, hit on the Close button on the completion of the procedure.
- Finally, utilize the MS Outlook program to access PST file in any of the existing profile.
Limitations of The Manual Technique
- Unable to export specified data such as emails, calendars, contacts cannot be exported altogether.
- The manual solution to export Office 365 archive mailbox to PST requires technical expertise for the perfect conversion. Thus, novice users may find it difficult to work with.
- No filter items have been facilitated to migrate components.
- Manual technique for export office 365 archive to PST conversion procedure is lengthy and consumes a lot of valuable time.
Eminent Solution to Migrate Office 365 Archive to PST Instantly
As we all know, that the manual technique having some constraints that affect the procedure badly. So, here we come up with an alternative named Office 365 Export tool. This is an effective and reliable software to overcome the limitations of the manual and perform the migration task perfectly. This software contains a wide variety of amazing features. Mainly, it is capable enough to export Office 365 archive mailbox to PST file format. It extracts multiple items of O365 like emails, contacts, calendars, tasks etc. This Office 365 Export tool is full value for money deal.
Steps to Execute the migration task
- Initially, download and run the Office 365 Export, and click on the “Login” button.
- Here, check mark the checkbox parallel to the “Is Admin” button.
- After sign-in, all the user ids under the admin id will have appeared as follows:
- Choose the required user id credentials as shown below & hit on the “Next” button.
- Opt the radio button corresponding to MS Outlook (PST) labeled text.
- Then, Check mark the box parallel to the text “Archive Mailbox” button.
Note: User accounts must be enabled for in place archive mailbox to PST.
- The following wizard prompt box as shown below:
- Now, select the “Browse” button for selecting the destination location for the application.
- Afterward, navigate and choose the path for the final export procedure:
- At lastly, click on “Start” button to begin the export process from Office 365 archive to PST.
- The export process will be completed successfully:
In this write-up, we emphasize top 2 techniques to export Office 365 archive mailbox to PST. The manual solution having some constraints that affect the procedure. So, it is advised to opt an alternative named Office 365 export tool. This application facilitates an understandable user-interface so, a novice user can also avail it. This software is able to perform the exporting task without losing a bit of data. Moreover, a user can go with any method as per their desire.